Elle’s Backpack

Over the summer I read Finding Someplace by Denise Lewis Patrick. In this book a girl named Reesie needs to evacuate her house, and fast. It is up to her to bring anything that might be of value to her family later on. She brings only what she needs, no more, no less. She is a smart packer and brings important papers, but if I were her, I would pack a little more heavily.

If I was Reesie, I would bring money, so that I would be able to buy food, drinks, and any other essential items. Next, a blanket so I would never be cold, and some snacks to keep me going for a little while. Then I would pack my stuffed animal Beary, because he is special to me, some extra clothes so I wouldn’t be wearing the same dirty clothes all the time, and some old valuable photos. Then I would put in the essentials. A water bottle, a flashlight and some extra batteries, a knife, in case I needed to defend myself, and some passports for identification. Lastly, I would bring a Bible, because this is something that would help me always stay positive.

These are things that I think would be very important to have if everything else got destroyed. But that’s me, what’s important to you?